Courses and programs taught by our team of specialists.
At PEAKxSchool, we strive to provide engaging courses that balance rigorous academics with active exploration in the real world. Our goal is to nurture our students’ sense of wonder so that they are inspired to become intelligent, well-balanced lifelong learners.
All courses offered by PEAKx faculty and instructors can be adapted to the needs and requirements of individuals and groups. Scheduling, locations, group size, and course length are all customizable for your purpose.
We also offer the opportunity to work with one of our staff to craft highly individualized curricula that will adapt to your existing challenges and opportunities. Whether it is designed to meet BC Ministry of Education PLOs or a student is interested in developing skills and knowledge about a particular field, we can help you get the most from your enthusiasm.
Please contact us for more details on custom curricula.
Note: PEAKxSchool courses augment and expand existing curricula offered by the BC Ministry of Education as well as offering non-credit bearing courses. We do not grant credits towards the Dogwood Diploma but can assist students in meeting the requirements of their individual course of study.
Note:PEAKxSchool does not directly offer BC Ministry of Education credit nor are we currently classified as an Independent School.
Some sample courses for which we offer support include:
English Language Arts
- Foundations of Learning – Learning how to learn. (Grades 7-12)
- English Language Arts (Grade 7-12)
- Communications (10-12)
- Conversational English (all levels)
- Information and Communication Technology – Digital Citizenship. (Grades 7-10)
- Home Economics – Foods and Nutrition (8-12)
More courses will be offered and scheduled as faculty are added so check back often.
Personal Interest and Skill Development
- Foundations of Learning: Learning how to learn
- Introduction to Philosophy and Philosophical Thinking
- Culinary Arts: From farm and forest to feast
- Digital Citizenship and Information Communication Technology
**descriptions to be posted soon. Call for details.
- Explore Endowment Lands – Introduction to OE3 (1-2 day duration)
- Explore Squamish – Introduction to OE3 (1-4 day duration)
- Sustainable Sea-to-Sky – Novice / Intermediate OE3 (3-6 day duration)
- Backcountry Hike – Novice / Intermediate OE3 (3-6 day duration)