Learn to lead with confidence.
In addition to running regular OCC Field Leader Courses, we also are available to offer courses for your organization that work with customized scheduling and limited availability. If your organization is interested in OCC Pro-D, we can make it work for you. Contact us directly to discuss options.
The Field Leader training and certification courses provide a comprehensive introduction to leading in low-risk natural environments. Through the use of inquiry-based learning strategies that leverages the student’s own experiences of good and bad leadership this course becomes a powerful learning tool for both new and experienced leaders.
- New leaders begin by taking the ‘Field Leader’ course in one or more of three activity areas: ‘Hiking’, ‘Paddling’ or ‘Equine’. These courses can be supplemented by additional Modules that provide the training for more leading in more challenging terrain. Learn more
- The Field Leader course is focused on the roles and responsibilities of the outdoor leader and is guided by the principals that are known to promote quality and safety in outdoor programming. Learn more
- The Field Leader course is delivered over 16 hours. Specific curricula elements include … Learn more
- The Field Leader Program is an innovative program that manages risk in a way that differs in important ways from traditional approaches. Learn more
- For Schools, The Field Leader Program is a powerful way to improve the quality of program delivery and lower costs. Learn more